Best Budget Destinations to visit in December in India
“Unity in Diversity” is what makes India a beautiful country. India is growing up in many sectors, be it manufacturing, IT, tourism, and other verticals. When it comes to tourism, India has some of the best budget-friendly tourist places. There are some hidden gems and then there are the major tourist destinations.
In this article, we will cover the best places and you can choose your destination to visit in December as per your budget. Every region in India is unique and below are listed the unique features of each region:
• North Region
The North Region is full of mountains and the major one being the Himalayas. Then there is Jammu and Kashmir, which is a paradise on earth covered with mountains, and when we come to Uttar Pradesh, we have the world-famous Taj Mahal, the recently open Kashi Corridor, and many places to visit…
• South Region
Also known as the “Land of Nawabs” this region has many beautiful tourist destinations in the states like Karnataka, Kerala, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, and Tamil Nadu. From beautiful landscapes, beaches, famous temples, and a variety of food. This region has it all.
• East Region
Comprising states like West Bengal, Odisha, Bihar, Jharkhand, and others. This region is home to many wildlife sanctuaries and has beautiful landscapes. If you have a craving for sweets, then what is best than Kolkata?
• West Region
Comprising states like Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Gujarat, and Goa in the Southwest region, it is a melting pot of traditions. The traditional history, culture, dressing, and different cuisines all make this region stand apart.
Now, let us come to the core of the article, which is the best budget-friendly destination to visit in December. There are a lot of destinations and we have listed some of the most beautiful and budget friendly that fall under your budget and make your trip a memorable one.
When you hear the name Goa you will obviously think of beaches. But there is a lot more to explore in Goa and is one of the best destinations to visit in December. The Vibrant Nightlife, Exotic Beaches, Fusion Food, Shacks, and Booze all come at a budgetary price. Not just this, Goa also has historic forts that offer a reflection of the Portuguese era.
It is one of the best destinations for honeymooners, as they spend quality time on the beaches. For party freaks, this is the place as there are lots of parties and music shows happening.
What you should do in Goa:
• It will take you a minimum of 2-4 days to explore the whole of Goa. There are a lot of beaches in Goa and the recommended ones are Baga beach, Vagator beach, Arambol beach, Anjuna beach, and Sinquerim beach. All of these beaches have a pleasant and relaxed atmosphere that will relax your mind.
• Stay in Shacks by the seashore and enjoy the night where you can hear the waves splashing on the shore.
• The night comes alive with the beach parties that go from dusk to dawn. Vagator beach and Anjuna beach are best known for their beach parties.
• There you can rent a bike and zoom through the lanes of Goa and witness its inner varied landscapes and beautiful Portuguese architecture.
• For adventure lovers, there are a lot of activities they can enjoy like snorkeling, para-gliding, scuba diving, whitewater rafting, banana boating, speedboating, and ATVs.
• You can get to taste food from authentic Goan cuisine to International Cuisine. It is a melting pot of different dishes from various countries, and if you are a non-vegetarian, then you should try the Seafood.
• Visit the Dudhsagar Falls which is beautiful, and after it being featured in the movie “Chennai Express” it has become a tourist hotspot.
• Explore the Chapora Fort and Aguada Fort where you will witness Portuguese architecture and also watch the sea from the top.
The average daily budget per person for a day can range between INR 1200-1500 per day.
Every devout person will have the innate wish to visit Varanasi, which is a holy tourist destination. Settled by the holy River Ganga which is considered sacred is the main attraction. There are ancient temples all around Varanasi and you will get a beautiful and mesmerizing holy experience by visiting them.
What you should do in Varanasi:
• We highly recommended it to take a boat ride in the holy river Ganga and witnessing and understanding the Hindu belief of the connection between life and death.
• The spectacular Evening Aarti that is performed by hundreds of priests on the Ganga Ghat is what drives visitors and photographers from around the world. It is a treat to the eyes when you watch the priests performing puja and a treat to the ears by listening to the chants.
• They serve Special vegetarian dishes on the platter and you should also taste the famous Varanasi Lassi.
The average daily budget for a day per person can range between INR 1000-1200.
If you like and love to visit historical and cultural places, then Hampi is one of the best budgetary destinations to visit in December. It is listed on the UNESCO World Heritage Site and is well preserved. This ancient town is located in Karnataka, South India, and is easily accessible either by bus or train. The ancient artifacts and the architecture is mysterious and make wanting to learn more about them.
What you should do in Hampi?
• Visit Matanga Hill and climb to the top for the best portrait of Hampi. Climbing the hill is easy and not strenuous, and the serene view of the sun setting is worth the money.
• If you are an adventure freak and love rock climbing, then there are big boulders where you do rock climbing. The hotspot for rock climbing is located on the other side of the river and it is popularly called “Hampi Hippie Island”.
• Hop into a rickshaw and visit the famous monuments and temples like Virupaksha Temple, Vijaya Vitthal Temple (known for its musical pillars), Vitthal Temple Complex, Hanuman Temple also known as Monkey Temple, and many more world heritage monuments.
The average daily budget for a day per person can range between INR 1000-1200.
4) Jim Corbett National Park
If you love nature and wildlife, then Jim Corbett National Park in Uttarakhand State is the best destination to visit in December. It is the oldest and most famous national park that is home to numerous flora and fauna. The icing on the cake is that it has the highest population of tigers, and you can also see elephants, different kinds of birds, and a lot of other animals.
The park has 3 zones, namely Jhirna, Dhikala, and Bijrani, and is the best budgetary destination for a vacation. It is not open in monsoon season.
What you should do in Jim Corbett National Park:
• You should take a Jeep Safari that will take you around the jungle and you will be excited to see the animals in their natural habitats. You will feel at home if you are a wildlife enthusiast as you can see the animals up close doing their thing.
• The next important thing to do in Jim Corbett National Park is to take the Elephant Safari. You will get to enjoy a ride on the back of an elephant and get a clear bird’s-eye view of the natural park and its inhabitants.
• They also provided a camping service where you can spend the night under the starry sky. You can do simple things while camping, like creating bonfires and enjoying nature. There are guided tours, and also you can add fishing trips to your package.
• It is heaven for wildlife photographers as they can capture various animals like monkeys, elephants, leopards, black bears, red foxes, and of course the majestic Royal Bengal Tiger.
The average daily budget for a day per person can range between INR 2100-2500.
It is one of the many best budgetary destinations to visit in December. It is an amalgamation of beautiful architecture, delicious food, and the world-famous Golden Temple. The people, and the areas, will concoct a unique and unforgettable atmosphere that you will cherish for a lifetime. There are a lot of historical places and urban markets that you go to.
What you should do in Amritsar:
• The most sacred place for Sikhs is the Golden Temple and everybody visits it at least once in their lifetime. The sacred two-story structure is fully covered in gold and Sikhs from around the world visit this temple. It has a massive kitchen where thousands of devotees are served free food daily. A man-made lake surrounds the temple, and you can also see the Akal Takht, which houses holy Sikh weapons.
• The Wagah border ceremony near the border of Pakistan is also a must-watch. Jallianwala Bagh and Mandir Mata Lal Devi are also not to be missed. There are a lot of other exciting places like the Partition Museum, to name a few.
The average daily budget for a day per person can range between INR 3000-3500.
There are many other destinations to visit in December, but the ones selected above are amongst the best. You can easily plan your trip without burning a hole in your pocket and explore the places. So pack your bags and Jet Set Go.